As the Black Friday & Cyber Monday weekend garners a lot of online shoppers to Amazon, it’s important that we try to take all or some of the below measures to boost our sales:
- Incorporate Black Friday & Cyber Monday in title & bullets: Change the title to prefix something like “Black Friday Price Cut” or “Special Black Friday Sale” or “Limited time Black Friday Price Cut”. This should also be added as a prefix to the first Bullet point on the listings. This change pushes the buyers to close the sale now instead of waiting for later. This also increases the perceived value of our product for sale as the price seems to be discounted from earlier.
- Discount the Price: Ideally, the least possible discount which the buyers seem to get attracted to is 20-30%. This is also the percentages which Amazon mandates to give off during lightning deals. If we’ve the margins, we should consider discounting our prices by 20-30%. But if we don’t have the margins to do so or don’t want to drop our margins considerably, the best way to achieve similar results is to increase the price by 15-20% & then give a 30% discount. This will effectively give us the possibility of providing a 10-15% discount while the buyer may not notice this change & experience higher perceived value.
- Special Promotions: During this time of the year, shoppers are looking for deals. And deals can be of many types like getting a percentage or a dollar amount off or getting a buy 1 get 1 free, etc. We should create such deals depending upon our inventory at hand, margins & production times. One such promotion which always works is to buy a higher priced item to get another lower priced item of the same seller free using a coupon code.
- Giveaways: Amazon sees much higher than normal traffic during this weekend. So, it means that whoever is on the first page of a category will get lots of sales. What if you can be on the first page around this weekend? Giveaways can enable us to do this. Run a series of giveaways on Amazon in the week preceding the Black Friday week so as to get that extra edge to be on the top 3 pages so as to get that extra push in organic ranking just before one of the top 3 sales days/ periods of Amazon.
- Coupons: Although you should always be running a coupon on all your listings, but for any reason, if you aren’t, this is definitely a great time to start with one. Coupons not only better the conversions on your product page, but also get you more traffic from the coupons page.
- Bonus Tip – Start Early & End Late: There is no reason to wait till we actually hit Black Friday & Cyber Monday. We should start a week or 2 earlier with these & end at least 3-4 days after Cyber Monday. Use prefixes like “Early Black Friday Price Cut”.
There is no reason that you need to pick & choose which ones of the above strategies you should use, but we would highly recommend utilizing at least 2-3 out of the above. If you need help with any of these, feel free to reach out to us.
Happy Selling on Amazon!